Hello everyone,
Well we're back in Saigon. Yesterday we had our last walk on the beach, made decisions on the gifts we'd been looking at, had a nice last breakfast by the ocean and hit the bus for another 5 hour drive home (which should have been 3-4 hours, we had an over-cautious driver... but I'm somewhat more relieved about that than a crazy driver, despite the tedious drive).
All of the families were exhausted when we got back, so it was a quiet night for everyone. Trey didn't eat much and only had a couple of 10-20 minute 'cat naps' all day - so he was obviously worn out. Sandy and I went across the street for some Pho (a Vietnamese traditional noodle soup-dish) to bring back to the hotel for dinner. "the prince" crashed out after eating a big rice-cereal dinner, and we stayed up for a bit watching US TV reruns. Had a late night, didn't go to bed until 10.
Sandy has been talking to her husband using Skyp - Miles showed that to me once, and I wish I had remembered it and set it up before I left. This is a website/program that lets you talk through your computer and it's free. It would have been fun to talk to Ben or anyone else... Maybe I'll try to set it up in the next week. It's very popular here, you can get headsets for about $10 all over the place. If anyone wants to try to set it up on your end, send me an email at my gmail address. (I also get a chance to check the vail.net address occasionally, but gmail is easier)
We're off to breakfast in a few minutes, then getting Sandy out the door to travel back to the States. Cindy has a meeting at 10 to pick up Trey's passport, I'll stay here and try to get the little booger down for a nap. Probably we'll just play unless he is tired. Don't tell Cindy. This afternoon he has his medical, then we're on hold again until Monday when we'll travel to Hanoi.
That's it for now, I'll add more when there is something to tell!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Kate-
I just read all your entries, I love your insights. you are a natural born blogger!
It was so nice spending time with you, I'm so glad that cindy has you with her.
You are a wonderful friend.
peace and love,
sandy
Post a Comment